My one vital tip that constantly keeps me sane on this health journey
There are days that can be so overwhelming and draining, especially when it comes to diabetes. This is a typical day for me:
- Waking up between 4:00-5:30 AM so I can walk for 35-40 minutes before the kids wake up for school because I know I will not have time during my kids’ school day to do it.
- Making sure that I am eating the correct amount of the right foods at the right time so I can take my medication and prevent my blood sugar from dropping too low.
- Making sure that my family’s needs are met.
- Helping the kids with homework and projects.
- Finally, making sure that I am completing my tasks in a timely manner for my business, my kids’ school PTA and monthly diabetic support group meetings.
When I have a few moments or an hour to relax and unwind, I choose to feed my soul with activities that encourage and edify me. I make time in my day to study God’s word, listen to sermons and podcasts and connect with some amazing ladies to talk about the bible and pray for one another with just one click on my smartphone.
An amazing friend and sister in Christ, Dominique Young recently created a free, life-changing social app called The Faith Mamas Tribe. It’s a safe space for women to connect and grow in Christ. The app has daily bible studies and nightly devotionals. My favorite is our weekday Mornings With Jesus where we read the bible for an hour everyday from 6:00-7:00am. Mornings With Jesus not only edifies me, but it also motivates me while I exercise.
There’s space to submit prayer requests and pray for one another. There’s also space to connect with other women through groups. No matter where you are in life, there is a group for you. There’s even a chronic illness group and a health and wellness group, which I’ve joined and post about my journey regularly. The moderators who run both groups are authentic, encouraging, helpful and inspiring!
Whether it’s Friday night prayer, a weekend Faith Talk or a daily uplifting post, my soul is filled up every time I am on the Faith Mamas Tribe App. If you’re looking to grow authentically in Christ and this community sounds like something that you want to be a part of, then take a few moments download the app here: https://faithmamas.org/
It’s equally vital to focus on your spiritual health as much as your physical and mental health.
Until Next Time,
The Genetic Diabetic
What are you doing to feed your soul each day? Comment below and let’s chat!